Knotts Berry Farm
Knotts Berry Farm, once an actual berry farm, is a 160-acre theme park located in Buena Park and part of the Cedar Fair family of theme parks.
It is considered to be America's first theme park as well as one of the Top 10 most popular attractions in California.
This California theme park features more than 165 rides and attractions, live entertainment, historic exhibits, renowned restaurants and specialty shops.
It is divided into six distinctly themed areas listed below.
• Ghost Town is an 1880's California Boom Town complete with authentic buildings transported from mining towns throughout the West. It is considered to be the heart of Knotts where guests can enjoy the Western Museum, pan for gold or take in a live show at the “Calico Saloon” or “Calico Square Stage”. Ghost Town is also home to one of the longest and tallest wooden coasters in the world, “GhostRider”, as well as the world's first log flume, “Timber Mountain Log Ride”. Other rides include the “Butterfield Stagecoach”, the “Calico Mine” and the “Ghost Town Calico Railroad”.
• Fiesta Village has a south-of-the-border flair where guests can listen to Mariachi bands or play video games in the “Casa Arcada”. This area features some classic carnival rides such as an antique carousel, the “Waveswinger” swings and the “Dragon Swing”. Roller coasters include the family favorite “Jaguar” and the seven-story loops of “Montezooma’s Revenge”.
• The Boardwalk has a seaside funpark theme with features like traditional Midway games, the “Buffalo Nickel Arcade” and the more modern “Lazer Invaders!” laser tag. Guests can also enjoy a big-satge production at the “Charles M. Schulz Theater”. It is home to several thrill rides that include the water thrill ride, “Perilous Plunge”, the 30-story drop of “Supreme Scream” and the “Boomerang”. Also located here is the “Xcelerator” which takes guests from 0-83 in 2.3 seconds and is rated as the world's best launch coaster.
• Camp Snoopy is a 6-acre area of Knotts Berry Farm that is targeted towards younger guests and features more than 30 rides and attractions. It is the place to meet and greet Snoopy and the Peanuts gang and see their live stage show at the “Camp Snoopy Theater”. Features include the “Snoopy Bounce House” and a walk-through tour the “Peanuts Playhouse”.Guests can take to the road at the “Charlie Brown Speedway” and “Rocky Road Truckin’ Company” or take to the skies in the “Red Baron” airplane ride and “Flying Ace Balloon Race”. Some of the other rides include the coasters “Timberline Twister” and “Sierra Sidewinder”, the “Log Peeler” mini-scrambler and the “High Sierra Ferris Wheel”.
• Wild Water Wilderness is the nature themed area that features “Bigfoot Rapids” raft ride on California’s longest, man-made whitewater river. Guests can learn about local wildlife at the “Ranger Station” and enjoy the Native American storytelling adventure in the “Mystery Lodge”.
• Indian Trails celebrates the Native Americans of the Southwest and allows guests to experience authentic music, dances and foods. Guests can also purchase local arts and crafts at the Bottle House-Indian Trader and see authentic tipis and the world’s largest totem pole.
For more information on this California theme park, please contact:
Knotts Berry Farm
8039 Beach Blvd.
Buena Park, CA 90620
Go Back To Page 6 Of California Attractions
Go From Knotts Berry Farm to Page 8 Of California Attractions