Virginia attractions are listed below in alphabetical order.
Kings Dominion is a 400-acre theme park that is part of the Cedar Fair Entertainment chain of theme parks.
Formerly owned by Paramount, it features more than 40 rides and attractions with themes from Paramount movies and TV shows.
The park also includes 14 world-class roller coasters, live family entertainment and a 20-acre water park.
This Virginia theme park is divided into the seven areas listed below:
• International Street is located at the entrance of the park and features several eateries and shops, as well as a 1/3-scale replica of the Eiffel Tower where guests can view the entire park from the 275-foot observation deck. In Spring 2008, this area will also welcome the parks latest and greatest coaster, the 65-mph “Dominator”, which will be the world’s longest floorless coaster. Other attractions include the ”Berserker” giant Viking ship ride and the live music show, “Hot Island Rhythms” at the Grande Bandstand. Guests can also visit the Action FX Theater and enjoy the show, “SpongeBob SquarePants 3D”.
• Nickelodeon Central is the area of the park where guests can meet and greet some other favorite Nickelodeon characters and pick up a souvenir at the Nickelodeon Shop. Attractions include the “Green Slime Zone” along with the rides “Rugrat’s Toonpike” and the “Nickelodeon Space Surfer”. Guests can also enjoy the live, interactive stage show,”Dora the Explorer’s Sing-Along Adventure”, at The Showplace.
• KidZville is a busy town built just for kids and features several rides, games and attractions for parents and kids to enjoy together. Guests can take a spin at the “Alleycat 500”, “Huck’s Hot Rods” or “Ranger Smith’s Jeep Tour”. They can also take to the air at “George Jetson’s Spaceport”, “Dick Dastardly’s Airfield” or “Boo Boo’s Swings”. This area also includes the two kiddie coasters, “Taxi Jam” and “Scooby Doo’s Ghoster Coaster” and the construction-themed play area, “Kidz Construction Company” . Scooby Doo is also available for meet and greets over by the “Scooby Doo & The Haunted Mansion” attraction. Shows include the “Backyard Circus” show located at the KidZville Gazebo.
• The Congo is home to four of the parks coasters, including the 70-mph “Volcano, The Blast Coaster”, the indoor “Flight of Fear“ and the underwater tunnel of the looping “Anaconda”. Guests are put behind the wheel of their own mini Cooper on the “Backlot Stunt Coaster” that brings movie stunt chases to life. Other rides in the Congo include the “Avalanche” bobsled ride and fiery adventure of “The Crypt”.
Old Virginia is features the parks largest indoor entertainment venue, the “Kings Dominion Theater”. It also includes the “Xtreme SkyFlyer” skydiving thrill ride as well as the “Grizzly” wooden roller coaster. The family rides in this area include the “Flying Eagles “, the “Blue Ridge Tollway” antique car ride and the “Thunder Raceway Go-Karts”. Water rides include the inner-tube ride, “White Water Canyon”, and “Shenandoah Log Flume”.
• The Grove includes several thrill rides such as the “Wave Swinger” and the 70-mph drop of the “Drop Zone”. The wooden coasters, “Hurler” and “Rebel Yell” racing coasters can be found here along with the “Ricochet” coaster and the “Shockwave’ stand-up coaster. For a more tame experience, guests can enjoy a ride on the Virginia theme parks' antique wooden carousel.
• WaterWorks is a 20-acre water park located within Kings Dominion that is included with the price of admission. It is open May through September and features a lazy river and the “Tidal Wave Bay” and “Big Wave Bay” wave pools.
Slides include the “Spiral Chute” and “Shoot the Curl” as well as the twisting slides of the “Baja Bends”.
The “Pipeline Peak” slide complex features four slides that include the “Power Plunge”, “Rip Slide”, “Turbo Twister” and the world's tallest enclosed dark tube slide, “Night Slider”.
Guests can also enjoy the curves and drops of the “FreeStylin'” inner tube ride.
Raft rides at this Virginia water park include the ” Zoom Flume” family raft ride and the huge raft thrill ride, ” Tornado” which blasts guests down a 132-foot long tunnel and drops them 75 feet into the mouth of a six-story funnel.
Kids will enjoy the multi-level interactive water playhouse, “Surf City Splash House”, which features slides, swinging bridges and four-story tipping bucket. Little ones will enjoy the “Lil' Barefoot Beach” activity pool.
Kings Dominion is open weekends only from March through May and then daily through September.
For more information on this Virginia theme park, please contact:
Kings Dominion and WaterWorks Waterpark
16000 Theme Park Way
Doswell, VA 23047
Return To Page 2 of Virginia Attractions
Go To Page 4 of Virginia Attractions