California attractions are listed below in alphabetical order.
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is America's only combination wildlife park, oceanarium and theme park.
Located in Vallejo near San Francisco, this 135-acre California theme park borders a 55-acre man-made lake and offers 44 rides and 35 interactive and educational animal attractions.
Each ride is divided into one of three distinct experiences called "Land", "Sea" and "Sky".
The “Land” experiences allow guests to enjoy earthbound creatures in exhibits like “Reptile Discovery” and “Alligator Island”.
Located just inside the park entrance is “Kingdom Stage” where guests can meet a variety of animals like porcupines, camels or zebras. Big cat exhibits include “Cougar Rocks”, “Lion’s Den and “Tiger Island“. “ Big and tall animal exhibits include the ”Giraffe Encounter” and “Elephant Encounter”.
The “Sea” experiences feature the inhabitants of the world’s oceans. Guests can get hands-on at the “Sea Loin Discovery” or get an underwater view at the “Walrus Experience”. The “Ocean Discovery” exhibit includes “Sting Ray Bay”, “Dolphin Encounter” and “Penguin Passage”. Shows include “Merlin’s Island Party” dolphin show and “Spirit of Shouka” killer whale show.
The "Sky" experiences allow guests to enjoy the wonders of flight through animal exhibits and rides. Animal attractions include the “Butterfly Exhibit”, “Lorikeet Aviary”, “Flamingo Lagoon” and the show at the “Birds of Flight Theater”. Other feathered exhibits throughout this California theme park include kookaburras, owls, bald eagles and a variety of parrots.
Guests can also experience some air time on one of the many “Sky” rides in this California theme park. Thrill coasters include “Medusa”, “V2: Vertical Velocity”, “Kong” and “Boomerang Coast to Coaster”. Other coasters include “Cobra” as well as Northern California's best wooden coaster, “Roar”. Riders can get the sensation of parachuting on “Skycoaster” or be spun around on “Voodoo” and the “Tasmanian Devil”.
“Sky” family rides include the teacup style ”Monkey Business”, the “Scat-A-Bout” scrambler, the “Wave Swinger” swings and the flying orcas of the “Wave Jumper”. The water rides, “Monsoon Falls” and “White Water Safari” are also “Sky” experiences.
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom also features the three areas aimed at the younger crowd. The “Looney Tunes Seaport” has ten themed rides including “Bug’s Buccaneer”, “Daffy’s Deep Sea Diver” and “Pepe Le Pew’s Rafts of Romance”. ”Thomas Town” has three rides including “Thomas the Tank Engine”, “Bertie the Bus” and “Harold the Helicopter”.
“Tava’s Jungleland” has seven themed rides including the “Congo Queen”, “Safari Jeep Tours” and “Nairobi’s Lookout Balloons”. There are also meet and greets with JUSTICE LEAGUE Super Heroes and LOONEY TUNES characters.
For more information on this California theme park, please contact:
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
1001 Fairgrounds Drive
Vallejo, CA 94589
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor is a 22-acre water park located next to Six Flags Magic Mountain.
It has a tropical jungle theme that transports guests into the lost lagoons of a forgotten world with more than 22 slides and attractions.
This California water park features the “Forgotten Sea” wave pool and the lazy “River Cruise”.
“Lizard Lagoon” is a 7,000 square-foot pool for teens and adults that includes the five slides of the “Reptile Ridge” complex.
“Shipwreck Shores” offers water play activities for the entire family while “Castaway Cove” is a water play area exclusively for kids.
Hurricane Harbor is home to “Black Snake Summit”, the five-slide complex that includes two of the tallest enclosed speed slides in Southern California. Also included is the huge raft ride, ” Tornado” which blasts guests down a 132-foot long tunnel and drops them 75 feet into the mouth of a six-story funnel.
Some of the other slides include the six-lane toboggans of the “Bamboo Racer” and the “Lightning Falls” tube slides. “Tiki Falls” and “Taboo Tower” each contain three varying slides while the “Lost Temple Rapids” is a raft ride that the whole family can enjoy.
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor is open May through September and requires a separate admission from Magic Mountain. Combo tickets are also available.
For more information on this California water park, please contact:
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor
26101 Magic Mountain Parkway
Valencia, CA 91355
Six Flags Magic Mountain is a 260-acre theme park located in Valencia just north of Los Angeles.
It is one of the largest amusement parks in Southern California and one of the L.A. area's most popular family destinations.
Six Flags Magic Mountain includes over 100 different attractions as well as interaction with some famous Justice League superheroes.
It is also ranked one of the best thrill ride theme parks in the world with an amazing sixteen roller coasters and dozens of thrill rides.
Guests enter this California theme park through Six Flags Plaza which features various shops and eateries. From there, guests travel to the eight themed areas within the park listed below.
• Baja Ridge features the first-ever looping coaster “Revolution”. This area also features the coils of the thrill coaster, “Viper” and the fourth dimensional excitement of the “X” thrill coaster.
• Bugs Bunny World is a six-acre area especially for kids with over a dozen rides and attractions with a Looney Tunes theme. Rides include “Sylvester’s Pounce and Bounce”, “Elmer’s Weather Balloons” and “Foghorn Leghorn’s Barn and Railway”. Also included is the “Canyon Blaster” and “Goliath, Jr.” coasters, “Daffy’s Adventure Tour” crazy bus ride and the “Looney Tunes Lodge” fun zone. Guests can also enjoy a meet and greet with Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and other Looney Tunes Characters.
• Colossus County Fair is home to the super fast coasters, “Goliath”, the floorless “Scream” and the dual-track wood coaster, “Colossus”. Family rides in this area include the “Buccaneer” pirate ship, the “Swashbuckler” spinning swingset and the “Circus Wheel”.
• Cyclone Bay includes the thrill rides “Thrill Shot”, the “Dive Devil” free fall and the flying “Déjà Vu”. Family rides include the “Cyclone 500”, “Jet Stream” and the white water river ride, “Roaring Rapids”. Also featured in this area are an arcade and shooting gallery.
• Gotham City Backlot is the area of the park dedicated to the caped crusader and features the thrill ride, “Batman The Ride”. Family rides include the spinning “Atom Smasher” and “Grinder Gearworks”. The “Magic Moments Theater” is also located here.
• High Sierra Territory is the woodsy themed area of the park that features “Log Jammer” water ride, “Sierra Twist” sled track and the “Yosemite Sam Sierra Falls” river ride.
• Samurai Summit features the accelerated freefall ride, “Superman The Escape”. Guests can also experience panoramic views of the area from the observation deck of the nearby “Sky Tower”.
• The Movie District area features the coaster, “Goldrusher” as well as the world’s tallest, fastest stand-up coaster, “The Riddler’s Revenge”. Family attractions include the carnival-inspired “Sandblaster” bumper cars, ”Scrambler” and “Spin Out”. Also included here is the 10-story drop of “Freefall” and the “Tidal Wave” water ride.
For more information on this California theme park, please contact :
Six Flags Magic Mountain
26101 Magic Mountain Parkway
Valencia, CA 91355
Go Back To Page 12 of California Attractions
Go To Page 14 of California Attractions