Disney's Animal Kingdom is the newest park where nature comes to life with rides, attractions, safaris, musical productions and tours.
This 500-acre Florida theme park is home to 1700 animals and is the largest of the Walt Disney World theme parks.
Animal Kingdom allows guests to journey to the far corners of the earth and get an up close view of how animals live. The park is divided into 7 different lands of adventure.
• Oasis is the introductory area near the entrance of the park. The beautiful landscaping, streams and waterfalls set the stage for upcoming animal adventures. Features include Disney shopping and the ”Rainforest Café” restaurant.
• Discovery Island is the home of the park's icon, the “Tree of Life”. The 14-story tree is also home to a subterranean cinema the features the 3-D animated presentation of “It’s Tough to be a Bug!” On the way to the “Bug” show, guests can travel the “Discovery Island Trails” and encounter Galapagos tortoises, lemurs, monkeys and other creatures.
• Camp Minnie-Mickey is similar to Mickey's Toontown Fair in the Magic Kingdom. It is home to the “Camp Minnie-Mickey Greeting Trails “ where guests can meet & greet their favorite characters. Popular musical stage shows include” Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends” and the lavish in-the-round production “Festival of the Lion King”.
• Africa is the main animal viewing area of Animal Kingdom and is home to the “Kilimanjaro Safari” where guests board open-sided safari vehicles and watch animals roam freely across the savannah, rivers and rocky hills. The “Pangani Forest Exploration Trail” features an exotic bird aviary, an underwater hippo viewing area and a savannah overlook complete with a gorilla troop. The Africa area also features the afternoon entertainment of the “Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade”.
• Rafiki’s Planet Watch is the area of the park that allows guests to receive some hands-on animal experiences with the “Affection Section” petting zoo and interactive games and fun-filled shows of the “Conservation Station”. Guests can trek the outdoor discovery trail, “Habitat Habit!” or board the “Wildlife Express Train” for a behind-the-scenes journey through the animal housing and care areas of the park.
• Asia is the area of Animal Kingdom that features the 200-foot-tall Forbidden Mountain and the high-speed train adventure of “Expedition Everest”. Guests can visit tigers, tapers, Komodo dragons and bats among the tropical ruins of the “Maharajah Jungle Trek” or visit the Caravan Stage for the “Flights of Wonder” bird show. It is also home to the wild “Kali River Rapids” raft ride.
• Dinoland U.S.A. hosts a variety of prehistoric adventures like the spinning cars of the” Primeval Whirl” roller coaster and” DINOSAUR” thrill ride to rescue a stay dinosaur. Little ones can enjoy “The Boneyard” fossil dig and playground or ride the friendly flying dino vehicles of the “TriceraTop Spin”. Guests can also take a walking tour of prehistoric plant and animal survivors on the “Cretaceous Trail” or visit “Dino-Sue”, the T-Rex reproduction.
Big Kahuna’s Water and Adventure Park is a 25-acre family amusement park located on Florida’s Emerald Coast in Destin.
Open since 1986, this tropical-themed park has over 40 water attractions and boasts the largest man-made waterfall in the world, “Tiagra Falls”.
It also features three miniature golf courses, go-cart “Grand Prix and Superspeed Raceways” and the “Sky Coaster” and “Cyclone” thrill rides.
Guests can float around the water park on the “Lazy River”,“Humunga River” &“Thunder River” and catch a wave at the “Waimea Wave Pool”.
Slides include the “Maui Pipeline” speed slides, “Tahiti Twister”, “Piranha” and the “Hammerhead”. Other slides include “Tiki River Run”, “Monkey River” and the “Ragin' Rhino Rapids”. The serpentine slides include the “Blue Mamba”, “Cobra Twister” and the spinning “Jumanji” dark slide.
This Florida theme park features several kids’ areas that include ”Crocodile Flats”, “Tadpole Pond” and the “Bombs Away Bay” and “Fun Fountains” spraygrounds. Kids can climb aboard and slide down the “Pirate Ship” or enjoy the waterfalls and silly sea creatures in the shallows of “Pleasure Island”.
Big Kahuna’s Water and Adventure Park is open March through September with varying operating hours.
For more information on this Florida theme park, please contact:
Big Kahuna’s Water and Adventure Park 1007 US Highway 98 East Destin, FL 32541 850-837-8319 www.bigkahunas.com
Blizzard Beach is a 66-acre Florida water park and the # 2 rated water park in the country.
It is the larger of the two Disney water parks and offers the largest number of water "thrill rides" with 17 slides, a 1-acre wave pool and an assortment of other water features.
Blizzard Beach is themed as a ski resort that is going through a meltdown and has turned into a land of splashy fun.
The creative theme is incorporated throughout the park with snow-covered mountains, icy ski slope slides and a chairlift that takes guests to the top of the snowcapped “Mount Gushmore”.
“Mount Gushmore” is the centerpiece of Blizzard Beach and is home to the premier attraction, “Summit Plummet”, a thrilling vertical speed slide that begins 12 stories up on a platform 30 feet above Mount Gushmore.
Also located on the mountain is the inner tube ride “Runoff Rapids”, the bumpy “Slush Gusher” slide, the “Snow Stormers” slaloms and the eight side-by-side lanes of the “Toboggan Racers”.
Blizzard Beach also has the huge “Melt-A-Way Bay” wave pool and the world's longest family raft ride, “Teamboat Springs”. “Tike’s Peak” allows little ones to play on mini icebergs and smaller slides while the “Ski Patrol Training Camp” is the pre-teen water play area with slides and other attractions.
Parking is available at all Disney Theme Parks for an additional fee. Once the parking fee is paid for one park, it is good for all the other parks for that entire day. Annual Pass Holders and Disney Resort Guests receive complimentary parking.
For more information on this Florida water park, please contact:
Disney's Blizzard Beach 1500 W. Buena Vista Drive Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 407-824-2222 www.DisneyH2O.com